Monday, September 2, 2019


Who
IS
Strawman? 



I love this man's art like no other artist I know. And years later now I think I know why, besides the great fn artist thing...

Mystery. Stay mysterious, my friend...you are the best.

The 2016: Night of The Strawman haunt isn't my favorite from the artist known as Pumpkinrot...that would be what followed in 2017, Halloween:1921. Pure, total immersive masterpiece of a haunt. Absolutely freakin brilliant. I'm not embarrassed...I'm a former combat freakin Infantryman bitches...you can't eff with that, I've been to hell, it was hot, but it was also rainy...and burning bodies smell terrible. Forced, brutal, abrupt, unflinching death smells terrible. But when I saw the 1921 haunt reveal...I cried a little bit. It's that fn good. It's ok to cry, it means we feel. I feel like you should check out Pumpkinrot...right after you finish reading this.

I have a bad knee, knocking, creaking, broken, busted, pathetic bad knee. I'll be getting surgery soon to replace it. Despite that minor inconvenience I hope to have a haunt this year, an homage in a way to the Strawman haunt of 2016. Now it'll be different...I ain't making Strawman, hell no...but even if I could, (I bet I could)...I would never do it. Inspiration is great, copying...not so much. I've got a scarecrow started that I'm calling Mr. Scary, stop laughing...and he'll also have climbed down from his post to rest, but he's gonna look a lot different. The rest will be revealed in time...but here is the start of this bad, bad man...

He'll evolve and change a lot in the coming weeks, but this should give you an idea of where we're headed. Fall is on the doorstep, almost time to breathe it in and taste the magic.




No comments:

Post a Comment