Monday, September 2, 2019




I started...

First it was simple paper mache corpses, no arms...strange faces that I thought no one would ever imagine having existed. I moved on to pumpkins...angry, unhinged with very little indication of the "grooves", or ribs associated with Halloween's signature squash. The stems were curved and fanciful...as if I had pulled their shapes and direction from the chutes in the board game "Chutes and Ladders" that my Mom, Mrs. Mays loved so much when I was a child. The punkins'...as I affectionately refer to them even today, were my own...inspired from others, but the faces were my own, scowling eyes, flared nostrils, grimacing, gaping mouths filled with raggedy teethies, yes I said "teethies". I didn't know what they would become...any of them, but I knew I had to make them. It was the beginning of something important, I didn't know what, or why. I didn't expect, or aspire to ever profit from them monetarily, I just knew that they must be made and that no one, not Deoblo, Jwal, or even the great and powerful Pumpkinrot himself, could bring them to life as I could. I was the chosen one. If you imagine Ewen McGregor saying that last part the effect is pretty powerful...




In an effort to entertain myself, broaden myself I suppose, or just indulge my obsession with writing and Halloween...and to possibly satisfy the multitude of well meaning, though highly over estimating supporters that encourage me to "become a writer", I'm going to start posting here more often. Photos, rants, reviews, suggestions...fuck, it's better than watching bad tv, right? So there you go. 

Musings, opinions and more from Ragged Grin...the name of my haunt, my fractured, broken psyche, my treacherous mug, or simply the place I go to in order to escape, where dreams become reality, nightmares come to play...and the bullshit never ends. 

Cha cha chaaaaa...

Please feel free to slap me down with critiques, a beg for simpler, gentler haunt blogging, or a great big middle finger to my over-reaching, unbridled ego. "Shut up and HAUNT, you creepy looking bastard!"

No comments:

Post a Comment